I’m going to be honest with you here, the thought of wearing all white sends shivers up my spine.
For a number of reasons, one being I always (and I mean always) spill things. I am extremely clumsy.
It’s a very rare occasion that I don’t spill red wine down my front, or that ice-cream melts all over me, and secondly I worry my fake take will run everywhere (first world problems) and thirdly, can I pull it off.
Will it make me look ridiculous? Will my knickers/bra show?
Here’s the answer, it’s all about the fabric (and not being clumsy!) great underwear (think neutral here) and good slips.
I always have a slip, or half-slip in my wardrobe, they come in handy and can save you from a multitude of problems.
White looks fresh, especially in the height of summer. It’s a classic and teamed with great jewellery and sandals is a fashion winner.
- Always wear suitable underwear, neutral is best
- Have a neutral slip handy (Kmart, Target, Myer, DJ’s all sell them – you don’t need to spend a fortune)
- White looks great teamed with coloured accessories or neutral tones. I saw a woman in white wide-legged pants, a singlet, flat slides and chunky gold jewellery– she looked amazing
- Don’t wear white after applying a fake tan (you are just asking for trouble), or to a wedding (I know this sounds old fashioned but it’s just rude)
- Be careful where you wear white, in the city with lots of car fumes, on the bus or train, you take the risk of getting very dirty
- Make sure you take care of whites; wash them separately, use a detergent specially for whites
- If you want a beach coverup, an oversized white shirt is perfect. Pair with a big hat, flat sandals, sunscreen and you are good to go
White is perfect in summer and suits pretty much everybody. White is alright! Go for it.